I’d say that so far in my simple vegetable side series, this is one of the simplest recipes but also my favourite. Roast pumpkin with chilli, feta and mint just works so well. The chilli adds a little warmth to the sweet pumpkin, the feta is a nice salty and creamy hit and the mint ties it all together. This would pair so well with pretty much any type of meat or fish but I just ate it all for lunch. It was so good I made it again the next day so that Key could try it too :)
Simple ingredients that make for a great flavour.
I cut the pumpkin into wedges, but any shape would do.
The amount of chilli is up to you. If you really like the heat, you could use smaller (and hotter) birdseye chillies.
This is great hot or warm and is a great side for red or white meat.
Roast Pumpkin with Chilli, Feta and Mint
Ingredients – Serves 2 as a side
- ½ tsp of extra virgin avocado or olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 10 fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1-2 tbs of crumbled feta
- 200g of pumpkin that’s been peeled, cored and cut into large wedges
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Toss the pumpkin in the oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the lined tray and roast for about 25 minutes or until cooked through and golden on the ends.
- While the pumpkin is still hot, scatter over the crumbled feta, chilli and mint and drizzle with a little more extra virgin avocado oil. Great served hot or warm.